The establishment of Bright Stars Model Secondary School came to reality as a result of the vision of its Proprietor, Deaconess (Mrs.) Affiong M. Abasiattai.
This vision was embedded with the aims of:-
1. Providing a conducive learning environment where academic excellence is obtained.
2. Developing students’ intellect and personality for self –reliance.
3. Complementing the school, parents and guardians’ latent objectives on their wards towards self-development and actualization of set goals.
4. Building students to acquire basic mathematical and scientific concepts for logical thinking, in order to ensure a good foundation for learning other subjects are enhanced.
5. Providing effective counseling services for career choices and creating the fear of God in the students for good success.
6. Inculcating high moral, religious, ethical and good leadership abilities in students.
Setting these aims and goals into action has placed the school in the pinnacle of great successes in its fourteen years of existence. These achievements are recorded down in the history of the school and imprinted in the minds of people within and outside the state. They have also been demonstrated through outstanding achievements by students in external competitions.
The school is structured and run in Science, Arts and vocational fields and has effectively equipped the students in these areas.